Lancaster Tech Law (LTL) provides comprehensive legal services to businesses across nearly all industries in Pennsylvania. From litigating business disputes and negotiating business transactions, to forming new businesses and protecting intellectual property, we are the strategic choice for business law.
The Lancaster Tech Law Difference
LTL gives you a powerful combination of in-depth legal knowledge and technological savvy. Our business law attorneys help clients leverage new methods and resources to achieve their goals. When you meet with us, we will take the time to understand your business and tailor these strengths to your unique needs.
As a local law firm, we also understand the unique needs and concerns of the business community in Lancaster, not the least of which is managing costs. As such, we offer alternative and progressive fee structures, such as flat-fee, fixed-rate, and à la carte services, without compromising quality. Once you become our client, you can be confident your matter is in good hands.
Every business faces the potential for disputes. When a dispute rises to the level of litigation, having informed legal representation is essential. At Lancaster Tech Law, we have the expertise to prosecute, defend, and negotiate business disputes arising from:
- Breach of contract
- Breach of fiduciary duty
- Breach of warranty
- Business collections
- Business fraud
- Employment law disputes – discrimination, sexual harassment
- Fraud and misrepresentation
- Insurance disputes
- Partnership disputes
- Shareholder disputes
We often recommend that clients pursue methods of alternative dispute resolution, such as mediation or arbitration, to avoid the impact of a protracted legal battle on business operations. But sometimes, litigation is necessary. Using our skills and resources, we manage complex commercial litigation for clients in a variety of industries. We also specialize in using tactical eDiscovery collection to gather emails, chat messages, financial data, and other critical information. Rest assured, we will work to protect your interests in or out of the courtroom.
At Lancaster Tech Law, we advise clients on mergers and acquisitions, technology transactions, commercial real estate purchases, and other business transactions. Our attorneys also negotiate and prepare various transactional agreements, including:
- Asset and stock purchase agreements
- Licensing agreements
- Management agreements
- Real estate purchase agreements/leases
- Technology contracts (e.g., Master Service Agreements, SaaS Contracts)
No matter the transaction, we work to find innovative solutions and help clients achieve success.
Business Formation and Startup Services
Launching a successful business requires careful planning and starts with a solid foundation. We assist entrepreneurs and startups with all aspects of business formation, including:
- Entity selection – S-Corp., Partnership, Limited Liability Company,
- Foundational documents – Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws
- Licensing and permitting
You can trust us to help you select the appropriate business entity, minimize risks to your assets, and get your business off the ground. Once your business is up and running, we also provide ongoing counsel on related business matters, such as regulatory compliance, employment law, and dispute resolution.
Protecting Your Intellectual Property
Securing your intellectual property (IP) rights is essential if you are bringing new products to market. Our legal team advises on IP matters such as:
- Copyrights – We assist with copyright registrations, draft cease and desist letters to stop infringement, and litigate copyright infringement cases, if necessary.
- Trademarks – We conduct searches of the U.S. patent office trademark database to verify trademark availability, assist clients with trademark registration, and prosecute and defend trademark infringement litigation.
- Trade secrets – We help clients protect their confidential business information and trade secrets by preparing non-compete and non-disclosure agreements to prevent trade secret misappropriation by employees, vendors, strategic partners, and competitors.
At Lancaster Tech Law, we know that intellectual property assets add value to your business and will work to protect your IP rights.
Comprehensive Business Law Services
Our firm also provides ongoing counsel to business clients on matters such as:
- Employee benefits and executive compensation
- Risk management
- Dispute resolution
- Business dissolution
Above all, we will guide you through all phases of the business cycle and always work in your best interests.
By understanding your objectives and challenges, we will work to help mitigate risks and achieve your goals. Whether you need assistance forming a new business, engaging in transactions, or resolving a dispute, you can depend on Lancaster Tech Law for trustworthy advice and counsel. Contact us today to get started.